Check out your parish website and see if you can easily find the following:
- Worship and music schedules and web links to lectionary readings.
- Phone and email contacts of your parish office and leadership.
- Map and directions to your church. And parking information.
- Emails formatted as newsletters from the church office.
- Emails that point parishioners to a special web page with expanded event publicity.
- “Group email” (listservs) used for parish life discussions and forums.
- An annotated Parish Events Calendar with highlights about speakers and events.
- Overview of parish life, showing the scope and formal and informal styles of activities.
- Web sections for parish organizations, for their own publicity and recognition.
- Web links to church related sites, such as resource publishers and mission partners.
This article is part of the July 2008 Vestry Papers issue on Parish Communications
Don't miss an issue! SUBSCRIBE