March 13, 2020
Below you will find resources we’ve gathered from across the Church, designed to inform and support us through the current COVID-19 pandemic. Included are the most recent messages, resources and recommendations from the Episcopal Church, recommendations from the CDC and WHO (in English and Spanish), and various worship, prayer, and community resources to use during this time. We hope you find them helpful. We join in prayer with our siblings around the world, as we navigate this difficult time together.
Note: We will update this list as new resources are made available. If you have a relevant resource to share, please send it to email@example.com
- Diocese-by-diocese list of policy announcements in response to coronavirus outbreak.
- Latest updates on the coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Information in Spanish here. Información en español aquí.
- Rolling update feed from the World Health Organization (WHO) with the latest information and what’s happened so far. Information in Spanish here. Información en español aquí.
- Advice from Episcopal Relief and Development detailing a faith-based response to epidemics.
- Recommendations for action aimed at politicians, community and business leaders with detailed charts and data by Tomas Pueyo.
- Webinar on Self-Care for the Sake of Others (in the Age of COVID-19) on April 6 at 12pm EST by the Episcopal Church Foundation
- Webinar on Putting Operations Into Action During COVID-19 for Parish Administrators on April 6th at 10am EDT by the CEEP Network
- Digital Ministry Open Office Hours, sponsored by VTS Lifelong Learning to answer all your questions about doing church online - offered several dates/times through April, May and June
- Faith@Home Daily, lectionary-based readings and reflections by Forma and Forward Movement
- A ONE LICENSE license (Free permission to reprint or project music for congregations valid through April 15, 2020)
- A simple guide to offering online worship through Zoom, Facebook and other services from the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago.
- A short video on how to livestream your church service with only a cell phone from the Episcopal Diocese of San Diego. In Spanish here. En español aquí.
- An opportunity to cultivate an online worship community by Canon Mike Orr.
- You already have everything you need to be a digital media minister by Kyle Matthew Oliver.
Prayer and meditation:
- Morning and Evening Meditations from The Episcopal Church
- Habits of Grace - Meditation each Monday with Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
- The Quiet Center: Cultivating Inner Peace in Unsettling Times - A webinar recording by Episcopal Church Foundation
- Katie Churchwell's Pop-Up Prayer on Facebook.
- Daily Prayer by Forward Movement.
- Resources for prayer at home by Forward Movement.
- Experts Help With Your Cares Act Questions - A webinar recording by the Episcopal Church Foundation
- Endowments and Parish Finance during Times of Uncertainty - A webinar recording from the CEEP Network
- Church Finance resources from the Episcopal Diocese of Oregon
- Online giving as a way to fund ministry by Jason Smith
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program and other information from the U.S Department of Treasury
Note: These links are provided for informational purposes only. Please seek your, or your parish’s, own legal, tax or financial advice before finalizing any action or decision.
Conversation and community:
- Episcopal Communicators Facebook group
- Forma Facebook group
Books and publications:
- An easy-to-navigate PDF version of the Book of Common Prayer from Church Publishing Incorporated
- Living in Lent by Barbara Cawthorne Crafton - Meditations on the hymns of the season from Church Publishing Incorporated.
Resources for children:
- Let's do Sunday School! Kids and Teachers in Online Classrooms by Membership Vision
- Candle walk by Karin Holsinger Sherman - An illustrated picture book that prepares children for sleep from Church Publishing Incorporated.
- Tucked In: Bedtime stories and prayers with Episcopalians and others
- Effective Vestries in Times of Crisis - A webinar recording by the Episcopal Church Foundation
- Misinformation, Disinformation, Fake News: Why Do We Care? from the Episcopal Church Office of Government Relations
- 111 Free Resources to Help you Through the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Ilustrated ministry, free weekly faith formation resources for all ages
- Surviving Social Distancing: A Playlist! by St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Winston-Salem, NC
- A short video on how to share the Peace without shaking hands from the Episcopal Diocese of Central New York.