ECF’s Ten Advent Resources for 2018
ECF has gathered ten Advent resources we wanted to share with you, including calendars and devotions, curriculum, advent activities, and ways to welcome the Christmas visitor to your church. Our prayer for you is that your Advent be one that is filled with hopeful anticipation for the promise of love and joy found in Christ Jesus.
- 5 Ways to Prepare Ye is a short and practical article to help Episcopalians recognize and observe the differences between Advent and Christmas.
- Journeying the Way of Love Advent Curriculum: The Episcopal Church has produced this four-week curriculum that moves through the first two chapters of the Gospel of Luke. It’s perfect for use during your Christian Formation hour before or after church and can be used by small or large groups.
- Faith-at-Home Advent Curriculum from Forma will be available free to all by mid-November. Faith-at-Home is a way for families to engage in conversation…outside of church. It’s a fantastic resource for parents who need help talking to their kids about Jesus.
- #AdventWord is a popular hashtag among Episcopalians during Advent. Virginia Theological Seminary invites participants to post a word every day, associated with a devotion of the day and share with their friends online. It’s a great way to engage in Advent and prepare for Christmas, while providing an opportunity for evangelism.
- Preparing to Become the Beloved Community: Another Episcopal Church Resource, these studies help faith communities prepare to accept the long-term commitment to racial healing, reconciliation, and justice.
- Praying in Color Advent Calendar Templates by Sybil MacBeth are a way for free-spirited individuals to pray for their friends and loved ones. It’s also a fun way to engage children in creating meaningful prayers throughout Advent.
- Advent Wreath Making and Prayers: Check out how St. Elisabeth’s Episcopal Church in Glencoe, Illinois does their Advent wreath-making. Perhaps you might be inspired to try something similar with your church family.
- The Advent Activities Guide by Episcopal Relief and Development will help inspire you with great ideas to give back and make a difference around the world. In this season of hope and joy, consider ways of sharing that with others.
- Illustrated Children’s Ministry has some wonderful resources for families. Take a look at their various Advent activities, coloring pages, Advent paper wreaths kits and more. These aren’t just your average coloring pages, and they’re for all ages!
- Living Well Through Advent 2018 is a seasonal guide from Living Compass to help your heart, mind, strength, and soul. Want to live more holistically? This could be an excellent resource for you!
Wishing you a blessed Advent season!