Frequently Asked Questions
Accounts and Subscriptions
How do I subscribe to Vestry Papers?
- You can subscribe to ECF Vital Practices at this link: http://www.ecfvp.org/account/register to receive issues of Vestry Papers.
What comes with a subscription?
- With a subscription, you’ll receive 12 issues of Vestry Papers and the monthly digest containing resources on a topic relevant to parish life. You’ll also receive update from the Episcopal Church Foundation (ECF) about our upcoming webinars, programs, and other services.
How much does a subscription cost?
- Subscriptions are free.
Can you sign-up my entire vestry?
- Yes! However, each vestry member has to sign-up individually. Please share the subscription link with your vestry and other congregational leaders: http://www.ecfvp.org/account/register
ECF abides by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and widely accepted best practices around email, so we will not sign-up people without their direct consent.
I forgot my password / I previously subscribed, but can’t login, how do retrieve it?
- You can click on the “Forgot Password?” button on the right side of the Sign In page, or click on this link: http://new.ecfvp.org/user/forgotpassword
What is an RSS Feed?
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds are a way to receive content that is frequently updated, like the Vital Posts Blog. When you subscribe to a feed, it is added to the Common Feed List. Updated information from the feed is automatically downloaded to your computer and can be viewed in most internet browsers.
How can I make a comment on the site?
- ECF Vital Practices uses Facebook Comments. Login to your Facebook account to make a comment anywhere on the website.
Do I have to have a Facebook account to make a comment?
Can I share or use your content in my newsletter/blog/website?
I have a blog post that I would like to share on ECF Vital Practice., How can I do that?
- Please contact our Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I share a tool or other resource on ECF Vital Practices?
- Use the Submit a Tool page on the Tools section of the website. You must be logged into your account to be able to submit a tool or resource.
Is there a limit to what I can upload on the Submit a Tool page?
- There is a limit of 20 possible files that can be uploaded in a single submission form.
File size limit is 20MB, and the page will timeout after 10 minutes. So if the uploading process takes more than 10 minutes, it will fail. To avoid this, make sure you’re working with a strong Internet connection and have all your files ready to upload before you start filling out the form.
What are Editor’s Picks?
- With so much material on the site, when using the search function on ECF Vital Practices, we have provided the option of viewing content that we think is particularly strong Editor’s Picks are highlights from across each section of the website that are updated periodically to reflect the growing library of resources.