Tools for Clergy Transition
- The Journey for Calling a Priest Clergy transitions in the life of a congregation can be, and usually are, full of anxiety and progressive steps. This visual map charts the journey of calling a new priest.
- Understanding the Theory of Change and Transition A resource to help understand the difference between change and transition – one is an event and the other is a process.
- Change Readiness Assessment This assessment can be used in a variety of transition situations to support lay and clergy leaders during a time of transition
- Resources for Clergy Transitions Use these checklists, resources, and handouts that cover a transition from the announcement that the current clergy person is leaving through the call of his/her replacement.
- Vital Teams Interview Tool An interview tool to help congregations in a clergy search process identify individuals with strong team leadership skills.