August 28, 2019
Five Resources for Transformative Stewardship
This month we offer five resources on transformative stewardship. Please share this digest with new members of your vestry and extend an invitation to subscribe to ECF Vital Practices to receive Vestry Papers and the monthly digest.
1. Do you hear ‘stewardship’ and think ‘fall pledge drive’? In Transformative Stewardship Calendars, Chris Harris presents different ways to bring stewardship into your parishioners’ lives through the church calendar year.
2. What would you do if you were asked to give a percentage of your paycheck to your church? In Radical Ideas, Linda Buskirk explores that concept with surprising results.
3. In An Experiment: Year Round Stewardship, Ken Howard talks about the bold changes his church made to their annual giving model. Instead of a once-a-year campaign, they invented a new year-round practice based largely on quarterly town hall meetings.
4. Erin Weber-Johnson hosts a webinar on Year Round Stewardship where she explains how to move from an annual campaign to a successful year-round plan, specifically designed to engage donors for lifelong giving.
5. In Campaign of Generosity, Victor Conrado shares the way they conduct stewardship campaigns at St. Mark’s, a bi-lingual and multi-ethnic church in Glen Ellyn, Illinois. He lists specific things that worked and those that didn’t, providing many new ideas to try.