April 22, 2020
Five Resources on Outreach During COVID-19
This month we offer five resources on outreach during this time of COVID-19. Please share this digest with new members of your vestry and extend an invitation to subscribe to ECF Vital Practices to receive Vestry Papers, blogs, and the monthly digest.
1) Has your church ventured online? In Evangelism, Connection, and Our New (Virtual) Reality, Alan Bentrup shares tips and guidelines for connecting to online congregants old and new.
2) In Invite Welcome Connect in Virtual Church, Greg Syler looks at online church worship through the lens of the Invite Welcome Connect method and suggests tips to make worshippers more at ease.
3) How do you envision outreach during these times of COVID-19? In Strategies and Tools for COVID-Related Outreach , Ken Howard encourages us to first understand the beast, and second, to explore the needs and opportunities in the neighborhoods you serve. He includes an exhaustive list of outreach possibilities.
4) In A Time for Everything, Linda Buskirk inspires us to find God’s blessings during this scary time. She explores Ecclesiastes 3 - “there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens” and shares activities that might prove fruitful.
5) What do you think of when you hear the word “televangelist”? Annette Buchanan, in Lessons from the Televangelists, shares her perceptions of people that have provided church to the homebound for many years, and what they’ve done right that we might adopt.