June 27, 2018
Five Resources for Discipleship
This month we offer five resources on discipleship. Please share this digest with new members of your vestry and extend an invitation to subscribe to ECF Vital Practices to receive Vestry Papers and the monthly digest.
1. What is discipleship? In Discipleship Matters, Richelle Thompson explains what the word means to her and challenges her readers to consider what it could mean to them. Are you growing as a follower of Jesus Christ?
2. Do you want to measure how you’re growing as a disciple? In Discipleship in the Episcopal Church Today, Jay Sidebotham shares how Episcopalians can begin to understand where their congregations fall on the discipleship spectrum by using RenewalWorks, a ministry of Forward Movement.
3. Models for Vestry Leadership of Faith Formation is a webinar by Lisa Kimball and Kyle Oliver that explores how a vestry may better lead and steward church ministries so the congregation grows in their faith as Jesus followers.
4. In Transformational Churches, church planters Mike Michie and Clay Lein teach us the importance of transformational leadership. What is the ‘secret sauce’ that makes a new church plant successful? And what can more established communities of faith learn from them?
5. Nothing speaks “discipleship” more than the Bible. In Transform Your Congregation: Read the Bible, Scott Gunn shares how important it is for Christians to fully engage in God’s Word. With convenient apps like the Bible Challenge and other great resources, Bible reading can transform your life in unimaginable ways.